Monday, April 7, 2014

Starbounders: Rebellion by Adam Jay Epstein



   A Brilliant Sequel
  Surely, after saving the universe once, Zachary Night deserves a break. Sadly, the answer seems to be absolutely not. Even with the outer galaxies safe, Zachary and his friends still have to contend with the secret message from Professor Olari and it seems someone else wants this information too. So, when the clues line up, and a conspiracy begins to appear, things get ominous. Soon, Zachary and his friends are dodging assassins and avoiding giant viruses. Not to mention, they still haven't decoded the message! Is a Starbounder's job ever done?
If you think you'll enjoy a book about a boy and his friends saving the universe, this book is for you. For those readers who remember Starbounders fondly, prepare for more of the same, with a little more intensity. This sequel contained all the elements of the previous book, although the comic relief was lessened in exchange for more intrigue. A wonderful story, I thought this book linked perfectly with its predecessor. Epstein's writing style makes this book perfect for readers of many ages and I thought that the plot was well thought out and easily followed without being predictable. Personally, I missed some of the humor of the first book, but I still enjoyed this one all the same. I gave this book five stars for a great plot and wonderful writing style.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Phoenix,

    I am a huge fan of your blog, and enjoy its candid reviews of these interesting scrolls, which unfortunately are not published in Pyrrhia.

    However, I see no mention of the five scrolls that I helped author and am a major character in, and which I have heard have a loyal fan base in the scavenger world. I would appreciate it if you could review these scrolls and give them the praise they deserve.

    Sincerely,
    Starflight, Dragonet of Destiny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Starflight,

    I will have to consider this. I had no idea you had authored any scrolls. I probably have read them....

    The SandWing library is more full than ever these days. I probably should organize them someday. As it concerns these five scrolls, it seems plausible that I could post reviews for them. Five new additions to my records archive would be a useful expansion. So, yes, considering that it's for a friend, I suppose I will.

    Sincerely,
    Blister, Future Queen of the SandWings

    ReplyDelete